And the New REAL King and Queen are....Alber and Julia. Congratulations to you both for your REAL awesomeness. Alber and Julia lost some serious pounds and inches, and made some HUGE performance gains in the gym over the 6 week Get Real Challenge.
King Mike and Queen Theresa will be handing over their crowns as the previous Nutrition royalty! Both are still looking fine and killing it on the gym floor. Mike tosses barbells like nobody's business and Theresa likes to pull out the deadhang pull-ups to impress.
Congratulations to all the Get Real'ers...a very awesome showing by all. The results were amazing...and the recipes shared via the blogs are still being swooned over.
Honourable mention to Ashley for his Murg Kari...the most epic of recipes and hands-down best and most shared recipe of the challenge. Bless your love of vintage cooking articles Ashley!
Shoot outs are due also to...
- Jolie for a very close second finish. This lady rocked the challenge and managed to keep Kid 1 and Kid 2 happy with all kinds of REAL eats.
- Luch for her love of "bagged" guac!
- Sam for the BEST Real birthday dinner ever!
- Meredith for somehow sticking to Real foods during the chaos of exams and avoiding the temptations of cafeteria sweets
- Crystal and David for the constant food porn. Never has Real Food looked so sexy
- Lisa Barclay for her honest counts of "prohibition days" vs. "not so much!"
- Elizabeth who kept it Real while on an extended work trip to the US...and had us all envious of her Trader Joe purchases
Finally, thank you to our Haute leader Summer. She kept us motivated and was always cheering us on with her advice and constant blog love!
You all did amazing and should be VERY proud of your REAL achievements.
Stay tuned for some wise words from King Alber and Queen Julia on Summer's blog.
And remember...keep it Real kids!
Weekly Warm Up
2 mins Skipping or 500m Row
3 Rounds of:
A1. Deadlift 3 x 5 ramping sets - Rest 2-3mins
Part 2: 5 Rounds for Time of:
- 20 Wall Ball
- Run 100m
- 10 Burpees
- Rest 60sec