As most of you know we are starting the second week of our new cycle. Get ready because there are going to be A LOT split squats combined with simple strength work (presses, chins, etc.). Deep breath and fight the grimace! We are putting a lot of effort into these basic exercises to develop a solid foundation. Don't fret, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Over the next couple of cycles we will be building on this base, and adding in some more fun and diverse exercises.
Spending this time on the basics is key to our training success. Stick with it, work hard, and the results will come!
Weekly Warm-up 2 Rounds of:
- 1 Lap Gallop (knees inside hands)
- 15 Wall Slides (with 3 sec squeeze at bottom)
- 10 Shoulder Pass Throughs
- 10 Barbell “Clean” Jumps – focus on not “breaking” the arms (bar touching mid thigh, slight bend in knees, shoulder forward of bar, shoulder blades squeezed together)
- 10 Barbell Drops from Front Squat Rack position (focus on establishing correct front squat rack position, and notice bar position on the drop. the bar should be kept close, the arms are loose)
Part 1: Gymnastic Skills
- Skin the Cat Progressions
- Muscle Up Practice
- L-sit Practice
- Single Leg Box Squat to Box
8 Thrusters on the minute for 12 minutes. (You pick the weight. Add or drop weight for each interval as able/needed).