The gym will be open regular hours on Saturday.
On Monday it's time for FUN! Please come out and join us for an Outdoor Friends and Family Friendly WOD. It's gonna be a good'er so don't miss it. Bring the kids, neighbours, postman...whomever!
Following the workout we will be having a Paleo Potluck BBQ. Cosmopolitan Primal Girl has generously offered to share her yard for some fantastic eats and fun. A sign up sheet will be posted at the gym to sign up for whatever dish you'd like to bring. Here's the catch...it has to meet the Spring Leaning criteria!
- Lean meats, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats are a must...and happily devoured!
- NO SUGAR! NONE...NADA...ZILCH! We're going so far as nixing artificial sweeteners and natural sugars like raw honey and maple syrup.
- Grains and starches are out (rice, oats, barley, quinoa, pasta, corn (yes, corn is a grain!), and starchy tubers such as potatoes
- Legumes too are rule breakers – chickpeas, lentils and other beans. No Peanuts (they are a legume).
- We'll happily take the green bean though!
- Make it like Mom did - NO processed foods - if it has an ingredient that you can't pronounce or need to look up in a science text - chances are it's too processed.
- Try to keep the dairy out if ya can! Try Almond or Coconut milk. We know cheese is a beautiful thang but this is a BBQ challenge kids so step up!
*We have to show some love for our vegetarian Spring Leaners, so rules are allowed to be bent a little for some killer veggie-friendly options. Except SUGAR...we're holding y'all to that one!
And here's the big hitter. The Spring Leaners have committed to no alcohol for 30 days (well..they are trying their best anyway!) So adult beverages are welcome...but beware there are some Spring Leaners out there that may go to drastic means to nab your Corona!
NOW GO...grab that sexy apron and get creative to come up with your best paleo creation! There are TONS of websites out there with fantastic recipes so get surfing. Rumour has it there will be some Paleo judges and prizes! Not to mention a little fame for the winners who will get some love on Cosmopolitan Primal Girls blog!
- Location: Eglinton Park (Yonge/Eglinton) It's best to enter off of orchard view. This takes you into the large outdoor parking lot behind the hockey arena.
- Time: 11am (workout starts at 11:30am)
- BBQ to start at 12:30pm (location details will be provided after the workout)
Whew..ok, now the workout for today!
No wait, one more thing...reach out and touch someone today. High fives may just heal ya!
- 2 x 8 Ankle Mobility Drills
- 2 x 8 Band Squats
New Q's: Overhead Squat - 3 x 5 reps @ same weight across work sets *Rest 1.5-2 min between warm-up sets and 2-3 mins between work sets.
Veteran Q's: Overhead Squat - work up to 5RM with at least 3 sets above 75% 1RM *Rest 1.5-2 min between warm-up sets and 2-3 mins between work sets.
As Many Rounds as Possible in 12 mins
- 20 Box Jumps
- 15 Overhead Walking Lunges
- 10 Toes to Bar