First, a huge Happy Birthday to trainer extraordinaire Tyler! Birthday fun was had at Monkey Vault parkour gym yesterday where Tyler was tops in running up walls and "foam pit" somersaults. If you haven't been, I highly recommend checking it out. Dan and Steve of Monkey Vault are urban ninjas and had us bouncing and swinging all over the place.
The other celebration is the new training cycle. Get ready to work hard and see some killer strength gains.
- 2 x 10 Y's
- 2 x 10 Push-ups (emphasis on locking lats back and down throughout movement)
- A1. Shoulder Press 3 x 5 sets across (same weight) - rest 45 sec
- A2. Dead Hang Pull-ups, 5 x 6-8 - rest 3 mins
- A1. Shoulder Press 3 x 8-10 @ approx 70-80% - rest 45 sec
- A2. Dead Hang Pull-ups 5 x 6-8 - rest 3 mins
Complete shoulder press, rest 45sec, then complete pull-ups. When leading up to shoulder press WARM-UP sets, take 1.5-2mins rest after pull-ups. When leading up to WORK sets take 3mins between pull-ups and press.
*Ideally work sets will stay within about 10% of each other (ex. 10x70%, 10X73%, 10X76%, NOT 10x60%, 10x70%, 10x80%) *Weights should be selected that enable the athlete to consistently complete the min # or reps
5 Rounds For Max Reps of:
- 45 sec max DB HP Clean
- rest 15 sec
- 45 sec max wall ball
- rest 15sec